In this super-stuffed episode of Deep Dish, we do a deep dive on all things burrito-related! How long have people been eating tortillas? What the hell is nixtamalization? Why is Taco Bell getting rid of all its menu?! All these answers and more await, if you can stomach this 2-hour-long behemoth!
- Erik makes a confession about their dark past, as a Taco Bell addict.
- Corn and tortillas have been around for a long time. A lonnnnnnng, long time. Like, a REALLY long time.
- Exactly when did burritos get invented? That's a tough question. When did they first enter our lexicon? Well, it started off in a Mexican dictionary!
- Chipotle sucks. Chipotle is really stupid. We don't like Chipotle. Find out why!
- Another edition of Review Roast! for our favorite dim sum place, defending Red Tiger Dumpling House in Stonybrook from review trolls! (Spoilers: A lot of racists eat at Chinese restaurants!)